Power and Energy quality Analysers
The C.A. 8331 or the C.A 8333 (Qualistar+) is a three-phase network analyser with colour graphic display and built-in rechargeable battery.
It plays three roles, and can be used:
- To measure the RMS values, powers, and perturbations of electric distribution networks.
- To deliver a snapshot of the principal characteristics of a three-phase network.
- To track the variations of various parameters over time
The measurement uncertainty of the device is better than 1% (not counting the uncertainties due to the current sensors). The
Device is also very flexible, with a choice of sensors allowing measurements ranging from a few milliamperes (MN93A) to several
The device is compact and impact resistant.
The ergonomics and simplicity of its interface make using it pleasant.
The C.A. 8331 or the C.A 8333 is intended for the technicians and engineers of electrical installation and network inspection and
The principal measurements made are:
- The RMS values of AC voltages up to 1000 V between terminals. By using the ratios, the device can measure voltages up to
hundreds of gigavolts.
- The RMS values of AC currents up to 10,000 amperes. By using the ratios, the device can measure currents up to hundreds
- The DC components of voltages and currents.
- Minimum and maximum half-cycle RMS voltage and current values (excluding neutral current).
- Peak voltage and current values (excluding neutral current).
- The frequency of 50 Hz and 60 Hz networks.
- Current and voltage peak factors (excluding neutral current).
- Calculation of the harmonic loss factor (FHL), application to transformers in the presence of harmonic currents.
- Calculation of the K factor (KF), application to transformers in the presence of harmonic currents.
- Measurement of total harmonic distortion with respect to the fundamental (THD in % f) of the current and of the voltages
(excluding neutral current).
- Measurement of the total harmonic distortion with respect to the RMS AC value (THD in % r) for the current and the voltages
(excluding neutral current).
- Active, reactive (capacitive and inductive), non-active, distortion, and apparent power, by phase and cumulative.
- Power factor (PF) and displacement factor (DPF or cos Φ).
- Measurement of the RMS distortion value (d) for the current and the voltages (excluding neutral current).
- Short-term voltage flicker (PST).
- Active, reactive (capacitive and inductive), non-active, distortion, and apparent energy.
- Current (excluding neutral current) and voltage harmonics up to order 50: RMS value, percentage referred to the fundamental, (%f), or the total RMS value (%r) (for the C.A. 8333 only), minimum and maximum and sequence harmonics (only for the
- Apparent harmonic power up to order 50: percentages referred to the fundamental apparent power (%f) or the total apparent
power (%r) (for the C.A. 8333 only), minimum and maximum of a rank.
- Calculation of the RMS neutral current from the currents measured on the phases of a three-phase system.
- Display of waveforms (voltages and currents).
- Display of frequency bar chart (voltages and currents) (excluding neutral current).
- Screen captures (12 maximum).
- Transients function (for the C.A. 8333 only). Detection and recording of transients (up to 51) between user-defined start and
stop dates and times. Recording of 4 complete cycles (one before the triggering event and three after) in the 6 acquisition
- Trend recording (data logging) function. 2GB memory with date-stamping and user-defined start and stop dates for recording, with a maximum of 100 recordings. Display, in bar chart or curve form, of the means of many parameters vs. time, with
or without minima and maxima.
- Alarm function (for the C.A. 8333 only). List of recorded alarms (up to 4,662) exceeding thresholds defined in the configuration
menu. User-defined alarm monitoring start and stop times – not more than two monitoring operations
- Date and time setting.
- Screen brightness setting.
- Choice of curve colours.
- Choice of management of switching off of the screen.
- Choice of display in night mode.
- Choice of calculation methods (non-active quantities broken down or not, choice of the coefficients of calculation of the K
factor, choice of reference for the level of harmonics (for the C.A. 8333 only).
- Choice of distribution system (single-phase, two-phase, three-phase with or without neutral) and of the connection method
(standard method or 2-element method).
- Configuration of recording, alarms (for the C.A. 8333 only) and transients.
- Erasure of data (total or partial).
- Display of software and hardware version numbers.
- Choice of language.
- Display of current sensors detected not detected, not managed, simulated or impossible to simulate (2-element connection
method and 4-wire three-phase connection) . Setting of voltage and current ratio, of the transduction ratios and of the sensitivity
- TRMS AC+DC voltage up to 1,000 V
- TRMS AC+DC current: 5 mA to 10 kA depending on the sensors
- Frequency Power values: W, VA, var, VAD, PF, DPF, cos φ, tan φ
- Energy values: Wh, varh, VAh, VADh, BTU, toe, Joule,
- Harmonics from 0 to the 50th order, phase
- Transients: up to 50
- Inrush over 4 periods
- Recording of a selection of parameters at the maximum sampling rate for several days to several weeks
- Alarms: 4,000 of 10 different types
- Peak detection
- Vectorial representation
- Available in more than 27 languages
- IP53 / IK08
- USB communication
- EC 61000-4-30 Class B
- Dimensions / weight: 240 x 180 x 55 mm / 1.9 kg